The Imperials Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official guild forum for the RP guild TheImperials. Please don't feed the members. They bite.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions Empty
PostSubject: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Since we've grown a little bit more, I'd like to propose some organizational changes to the guild and the RP itself. For a while now we've just been doing a very casual RP, but I'd like to spice things up with some groups and hierarchy. Give your suggestions, whether you'd like to see this implemented or like things the way they are, etc. The hierarchy will be listed from highest to lowest, and the group suggestions will be under that. Also, since anyone can be any class, the group classification will be based on the class you list as your main.

Hierarchy
Royalty: Even though Aven is supposedly a neutral holy city, behind the scenes the royalty are in power. They've been benevolent and remain hidden, mingling amongst the commoners to get an idea what what should be done for the kingdom of Diaspora. If they do give orders or make laws, the people hear about it from the temple, not the palace. If people do know about the existence of the royal family, they still have no idea what any of them look like or how to recognize them from the other folk. They could be villagers, mayors, or even one of the many adventurers trying to rid the land of evil.

Nobility: Although not many people know about the royalty, everyone knows about the nobility. Most of them are supposedly descended from the first true heroes of Diaspora, who made the land inhabitable before the wars and strife began once again. They are a very inclusive group, but hold power mainly in the city. Many nobles are aware of the presence of the royal family, but none of them had actually met one, leading to some doubt and division between the nobles who believe in the royals and those who believe in the temple.

Group Members: Typically adventurers, members of these groups typically specialize in one particular area, although they can branch out. They mainly hold power within their own group, depending on their rank, but nowhere else. The leaders of these groups are nobles, and either gained their noble title through birth or excellence in their specialty.

Citizens: The hard-working citizens of Diaspora often ignore the stuffy nobles and have no clue about the existence of the royalty. They're often merchants, village residents, or beginning adventurers.

Groups/Orders
Knights of Diaspora
Classes: Warrior, Knight, Templar(unreleased)
The Knights value strength and durability above all else, and help train their members to be better able to defend their fellow adventurers and the innocents from evil. Some prefer to achieve this goal through sheer strength, while others prefer grace and elegance. The traits they all share, however, are the will to dive headfirst into battle and the endurance to withstand the blows and spells of the monsters plaguing the land.

Aven's Aid
Classes: Cleric, Bard, Shaman
Aid members have sworn to help stave off disease and death, using their unique curative magic to mend even the deepest wound. They are every adventurer's friend and every villain's foe. While their restorative powers come from various sources - the Church, music, or nature - they are all invaluable to keeping the world healthy and happy in these dark times.

Mage's Guild
Classes: Magician, Illusionist, Warlock(unreleased)
Magic penetrates everything in Diaspora, and the Mage's Guild aims to harness that power for themselves. For the good of the world, of course. Many adventurers have dabbled in magic from time to time, but none study with the fervor of these magic disciples. The members often get into heavy debates about which forms of magic are the best - elemental, mental, or demonic - but that's to be expected in any organization. It just gets a little more "heated" here.

Eagle Eye Association
Classes: Hunter, Engineer, Ranger(unreleased)
With sharp eyes and quick reflexes, the members of the EEA deal damage from afar. They don't like to get in the middle of battles, for their strength lies in long-range tactics. Some members prefer the traditional bow-and-arrow and a loyal while the more "explosive" members prefer artillery guns and robotic armor. They don't always get along, but they respect each other for their shared talents.

Order of the Black Rose
Classes: Thief, Martial Artist, Blade Dancer
The Order prides itself in have some of the most nimble and quickest members in Diaspora. From the shadowy Thieves to the elegant Blade Dancers, all Order members hit fast and hard at close range. All members have incredible guts, a necessity when getting up close and personal to a ferocious beast and stabbing them in the face. Or back, for Thieves.

Last edited by HeadPikachu on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://theimperialsguild.forumotion.com
Norallyn
Head Mage
Norallyn

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:04 pm

I would like to see this implemented. In my opinion it would give people more ideas on what they want their characters to be. And help build friendship within groups and maybe even rivalries with others to give us more insight on ours and other members characters.
Back to top Go down
Evoker
Order Overseer
Evoker

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:54 am

i choose Black rose all the way Very Happy even if i change classes n.n
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/ev0ker
Henra
EEA President
Henra

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:07 am

I'm loving this suggestion, so far. I support this. Though I don't know which group I would go for since I want a Blade Dancer and Ranger for my girl. =w=
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Well, since EE has the class-change system, I'll probably allow people to switch between groups if they change their main class. Excluding the leaders of each group, who obviously can't just switch over. XD Secondary and tertiary classes are still allowed, so, for example, you can be in the Order of the Black Rose and still be able to play as Knight or Hunter. On the forums, if a member had multiple characters that would belong to different orders (e.g. Jilianna under Aven's Aid, Lapita under Mage's Guild)(guild within a guild: GUILDCEPTION), the one they would "belong" to on the site would be that of their main character (e.g. Aven's Aid for me, if I decide that Royalty can be part of groups instead of all group overseers). Now, I still have to figure out exactly how I'm going to get the groups and hierarchy in place, which i'll probably start on more after I'm SURE about having internet. Because right now, I'm still surprised I have it. XD
Back to top Go down
Norallyn
Head Mage
Norallyn

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 pm

I'll be glad to help you if you need it Very Happy I have unlimited access to the library internet.
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:27 pm

The issue is more of me trying to figure out the group system on this silly site. XD I'll figure it out, eventually. Although I WILL need some leaders for the groups once I make them, so PM me if you'd like to be a leader with the following information. Also, with the job comes the title of Nobility, so you'll be a mod on the site as well. Henra, since I already gave you Nobility and you're the only main Hunter/Engineer I know of, I'll probably just end up making you the EEA leader. Other 4 are still up for grabs:

IGN: (main character)
Group Applying For:
Why You're Awesome:
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Leaders   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:26 am

Evoker and Nora have stepped up for Leadership of the Order and the Mage's Guilds, respectively. We still need leaders for the Knights(main must be tank) and Aven's Aid(main must be healer), and possibly the EEA if Henra can't/doesn't want to do it(main must be ranged DPS). Contact me if you'd like to be leader of either one.

If you just wish to be in one of the groups, then contact the group leader and apply to be in the group. Some have tests you must do, but that's because they're jerks. XD Also, for now I'm the leader of both the Knights and Aven's Aid until someone comes to take my place. I plan on remaining neutral between the groups.
Back to top Go down
Norallyn
Head Mage
Norallyn

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:35 am

I am not a jerk D: They need to prove that their are worthy of being under Nora's leadership.
Back to top Go down
Risque

Risque

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:59 am

Ooh, this is good. Very Happy (Argh, why only three characters and leveling is so hard ;_;...)

Maybe for fun the different groups might have some prefixes mentioned in them? We In-Character can't see them, but it might keep some things straight for playing in the game (I think that's why Nora has 'Lady Inesbel'?)

Kon is a Tank primary and Dis is a Healer primary, but they're not leadership material...
Back to top Go down
Evoker
Order Overseer
Evoker

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:18 am

Risque wrote:
Ooh, this is good. Very Happy (Argh, why only three characters and leveling is so hard ;_;...)

Maybe for fun the different groups might have some prefixes mentioned in them? We In-Character can't see them, but it might keep some things straight for playing in the game (I think that's why Nora has 'Lady Inesbel'?)

Kon is a Tank primary and Dis is a Healer primary, but they're not leadership material...

For now.

Tanks are supposed to be natural Leaders so don't bring yourself down my friend Smile

I think you'd do good
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Risque wrote:

If you'll notice under Nora and Evo's names, you'll see that they have fancy new titles that show their status has a group leader. =D I'm attempting to use special ranks to signify group leaders and using color-coded groups on here to tell everyone apart, but in-character everyone can tell what group everyone else is in. Alternate characters are also in these groups based on that character's main class, but forum grouping is based on a person's primary character. For example, while Lapita would be in the Mage's Guild, on here my profile shows me as Royalty because that's what Jilianna is (although no one in-character knows this yet, not even nobles, and she plans on keeping it that way). In a few minutes I will be adding a "Group:" addition to the character sheets, so update them accordingly.

Also,Nora has Lady Inesbel just because that character is actually descended from nobles, so it's a title from birth. She created the character before I implemented the group system. Not based on anything, really. XP
Back to top Go down
Evoker
Order Overseer
Evoker

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:09 pm

but i think that more in RP world, in regards to the Forum the organization actually works, all we really need now is for peeps to start joining in Very Happy

~whatever happened to getting a town?~

*Edit: As leaders... Could we change the name of our Group.. Like not be "Order of the Black rose" ?*
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Hmm, not sure. I know I can change group names, though, so if you have a better name for one of the groups, feel free to share. ^_^ I just made something up on the spot. XD
Back to top Go down
Evoker
Order Overseer
Evoker

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:34 pm

If i ever get enough people for a nice Team we can discuss it then. Or if i come up with something with GUNS or Helicopters xD

Hahaha ~.~
Back to top Go down
Norallyn
Head Mage
Norallyn

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:53 pm

This is so off topic, but Jili who made your avatar? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Here! ^_^ The latest comic is where I got it from. XD
Back to top Go down
Norallyn
Head Mage
Norallyn

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:12 am

He does some nice work. ! wonder if I ask he'll draw Nora, don't want to be a bother about it.
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 5:29 am

Should be fine. Might set you on fire, though. XD
Back to top Go down
Evoker
Order Overseer
Evoker

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 pm

this is way more off topic...

My Helicopter needs repair and my gun is still Awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HeadPikachu
Founder
HeadPikachu

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Anyway, back on topic, still need leaders. I'll try and do some announcing in-game, too.
Back to top Go down
Evoker
Order Overseer
Evoker

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Just tell me how i can be of Help, today i should be on for a few hours in the afternoon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Norallyn
Head Mage
Norallyn

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:42 pm

I'll make a message on the message board about it too.
Back to top Go down
Evoker
Order Overseer
Evoker

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Wrong thread but today was Awesome :'D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions   More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

More Detailed Guild RP Suggestions/Opinions
Page 1 of 1